I got such a good reaction to the GI Joe PSAs well, if you can consider comments in the form of "about to get fired due to laughing my ass off at work" to be good that I'm providing two addenda. The first I like but had forgotten about; the second I somehow missed entirely back in the day.
Just because I can, here's the original theatrical trailer for the greatest motion picture of all time and, perforce, but in any case, one of the best trailers of all time.
Some better McSweeney's Lists:
- Businesses That Failed to Duplicate the Success of "I Can't Believe It's Yogurt"
- Musical Numbers From Fight Club! The Musical
- Alternate Titles for O.J. Simpson's New Book
- Groups Shocked at the Revelation That Judas May Have Been Jesus' Most Loyal Disciple
- Apparent Passions of My Upstairs Neighbors
- Habits That Are Harder to Break Than Peter Cetera's Ex-Girlfriend
- Rejected Bond Girls
- Bad Names for Undercover Police Officers
- Names Considered and Rejected by the Software Company "Cisive" While Looking for Something in the Style of "Teligent" and "Genuity"
- Terrible Names for Hair Salons
- Bad Names for Hamsters
- Good Names for Hamsters
- Less Popular Bars
- Possible Winning Solutions to the Board Game "Clue" If the Characters Were Replaced with Right-Leaning Political Pundits, the Weapons Replaced with Logical Fallacies, And the Rooms Replaced with Either Jung's "Psychic Containers" or Varieties of Soft Cheese
XKCD Addendum: The most popular XKCD of all time, but which you'll only get if you're a Unix person.
An addendum from I PUT A TEXT ON IMAGE!, and but which you will also only get if you are a Unix person.
This is Counter-Struck. You'll be enormously amused by it if you've ever played Counter-Strike, and very amused by it if you've ever played any first-person shooter video game, and wildly confused and annoyed by it otherwise.
Here are scores of short video snippets of people getting massively pwned, which you'll appreciate if you're a totally unreconstructed sadist.
Fini! Now back to our regularly-scheduled fascist political screeds and schilling for my books . . .