So I'm tickled to announce that gorgeous matte-finish trade paperback editions are now available for:ARISEN, Book Nine - Cataclysm
ARISEN, Book Ten - The Flood
ARISEN : Genesis
Yes, you are seeing that right - a mere three years after first publication, ARISEN : Genesis is finally getting a paperback edition. At least I beat the end of the world.
Available from Amazon and, erm, other places!
I'm starting to get this question quite a lot which, believe me, is the nicest possible compliment, so thank you very much but in the interest of reserving some time for actually writing it, I figured I'd better provide an official answer. Book Eleven will be out:
- Just as soon as I can possibly get it written.
- Hopefully early-ish next year (Q1), but it's too early in the process to be sure.
- As soon as it's remotely possible to announce a launch date, you will hear it here first, as well as on the facebook group, the ARISEN mailing list, and the MSF mailing list.
- If you want more frequent updates, including the stomach-swallowing lows and highs of the writing process and, right now, the intensive story-design process as usual lately I'm putting them on Twitter at: @michaelstephenf
- The only thing more important than getting the book out fast is getting it PERFECT - and that's A LOT more important. There was a small but vocal minority of critics of Book Ten - I know most of you disagree, which thank you very much - but as my own harshest critic I think they had some very good points, and have taken them on board. I now have a laser-like focus not only on pushing the story relentlessly forward - but also making sure the conclusion of the ARISEN series is exactly as earth-shattering, and epic, and surprising, and satisfying, and explosive as you deserve and have no doubt come to expect. Your devotion to the series makes that paramount - and also makes it possible. Thank you for waiting - and, mainly, thanks taking the ride with me. It means everything.
I wish everyone reading this a very safe and joyful and lovely holiday season. In my book, you absolutely deserve it.